Thursday, February 19, 2009

Ribbon Organization/Storage


Okay for the longest time I have not had my ribbon like I wanted. I always felt like I forgot what I had. I have tried a couple different ways of organizing but I finally found one that I love! I got the idea from the Clip it up Ribbon Organizer but I don't have rolls of ribbon so that would have been a waste for me. I mainly buy ribbon by the yard. So I went looking for a rod to hang on my wall. Now I knew that I wanted it to be silver b/c the clips from Clip It Up are silver and I like everything to match. Well the closest thing I could find was a 7/16" rod from Lowe's. It is a little wider then I would have liked. I would have liked a 5/16". The reason I would have liked a smaller one is b/c the clips would fit on it better. On the 7/16" one I had to widen the clips so they would fit on. The ribbon is "tied" onto rings that I got at the office store. They are the 1.5" rings. Now it is all done and looks great and I can see what I have at a glance!

2 comments:

Sandi D said...

this is lovely!

Anonymous said...

great idea..

if you need/want more clips.. Ikea has similar clips in a baggie 10/$2.99 for curtains

johnnie